Civil Engineering/concrete slab

Question
We have a G+1 house the walls are 240mm brick wall (external) and 120mm brick wall (internal) we need to have an adequate concrete slab the slab will be held by the walls (No columns or beams) the spaces between walls varies and the maximum span (6.5m * 4.5m).

Now would you suggest a proper slab thickness? and whether we need a bounding beam underneath the slab or not?

And typical steel reinforcement for the slab (detailed)?

Thanks,

Answer
Hi Dzaie,

If the slab can be 2-way spanning, I would suggest a thickness of 200mm and you should have a 200mm downstand (i.e. 400mm deep overall by 240mm wide) periphery beam sitting above the external walls to act as ties and lintols over windows, doors, etc.

The rebar design depends on several factors (materials, loading, exposure, etc)so I would suggest you get a local engineer to design and detail that for you as I do not offer that service over this forum.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan