Civil Engineering/designing using etabs

DEAR Mr hakimi
I want to know hot to design a structure that includes a dome above it using the etabs
actually i want to know how to create the dome it self and how to set it out above the building
could you please provide me with available video that could show the steps of the modeling of the dome cause it a bit tricky for me also after searching for that

Really Appreciated,

Dear Khalid

It is very difficult to model a dome in etabs. I suggest you to apply sap2000 and if you are constrained to etabs, then model the dome as a set of dead, live, wind load. You can use sap2000 to model and analyze the dome independently and apply the result as loading from dome to your etabs model.

Please let me know your idea.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran