Civil Engineering/ETABS

Question
sir,
i'm working with 10storey building with height 40m, size 40X60m, height of each storey is 4m in ETABS. dis building is subjected to wind load. my project is SOIL-STRUCTURE INTERACTION  now i badly need guidance on ETABS. in STAAD Pro we use springs for flexible foundation..similarly i tried point spring and area spring concept in ETABS but my building was analysed without considering these springs. now my questions are...
1. is there any provision in ETABS to provide soil types like hard, medium and soft ?
2. to provide flexible support as far i know its only springs but i'm failed with it. is there any other way?
3. how to use these spring options?
... pls help sir

thanks in advance..

Answer
Dear Manju

1- No! there is no mean to have automatic soil structure interaction within etabs.
2 and 3- You should remove the restraints in foundation nodes first and then apply ( assign ) the springs there. Don't forget to identify large stiffness in x and y directions for the springs.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi