Civil Engineering/etabs design

Question
QUESTION: sir, while designing a g+5 structure, in the bottom storey columns I m getting capacity ratio exceeding maximum limit. so I wanted to know how to fix this?

ANSWER: Dear Sagar

You should modify your design, and most probably increase the size of the members.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: I hve tried increasing the size of the members, also tried increasing reinforcement size and grade of concrete but still I am getting the same. Can u tell me why this thing gets comjng up and on what factors does it depends upon

Answer
Dear Sagar

It is likely that the member is slender and local buckling is occurring, please check the size of the column. When instability occurs the modification in reinforcement doesn't make sense.

If no difference occurs you should start another model , may be a bug has made trouble.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi