Civil Engineering/Manual Input of Shear Reinforcement for Beams In ETABS

Question
Hi Eng'r. Babak,
I would like to know how I can manually input shear reinforcement data for beams in ETABS software.  Most of the time, my sizes of concrete beams passed in flexural design but fail in shear.  I tried to manually input data in "Reinforcement Overrides for Ductile Beams" but it still fails in shear.  I believe that my size of beam is good enough but I only need to input more areas for shear reinforcement.

Thanks for your reply.

Answer
Dear Marlon

sorry for my late reply. This is a common problem with etabs. I suggest you to remove all shear reinforcement and then let the designer be run and then increase the shear reinforcement in next step.

Let me know about your success or failure please.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi