Civil Engineering/Manual Input of Shear Reinforcement for Beams In ETABS

Hi Eng'r. Babak,
I would like to know how I can manually input shear reinforcement data for beams in ETABS software.  Most of the time, my sizes of concrete beams passed in flexural design but fail in shear.  I tried to manually input data in "Reinforcement Overrides for Ductile Beams" but it still fails in shear.  I believe that my size of beam is good enough but I only need to input more areas for shear reinforcement.

Thanks for your reply.

Dear Marlon

sorry for my late reply. This is a common problem with etabs. I suggest you to remove all shear reinforcement and then let the designer be run and then increase the shear reinforcement in next step.

Let me know about your success or failure please.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran