Civil Engineering/structural analysis

Question
sir what is difference between linear and non linear analysis? and i m going to select thesis in structural design, so plz recommend me which points do i put in my mind to design and load criterias?

Answer
Dear Suhail

In linear analysis the elastic properties of the material remain constant during loading. Then after loading removal the structure return back to its at rest situation. But when the elastic properties of materials changes during loading you will need to vary the elastic properties with time. Then non linear analysis is essentially time oriented and can be viewed in static mode. Loading in non linear analysis should be taken as step by step ( time history).

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi