Civil Engineering/Thumb Rule

Question
Dear Sir,
With due respect,please kindly let me know that, how I can cross check the estimate (Building)done by other?
Thanks/Regards,
Gms

Answer
Dear Ganesh

You must have some estimation of the building by yourself. Not a general rule exists. But you can check easily through your information  and experience about the building. The best way of control is to assess the most meaningful quantities. Don't concentrate on cheap items.

You should categorize the material to several categories:

1- linear materials ( like cables and electrical strings # : you can accept the perimeter of the building as an very rough estimate of the length of the electrical cables or mechanical channels in each story.

2- Area #roof # related materials.

3- Area #floor) related materials.

4- elevation related materials.

5- structural materials.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi