Civil Engineering/Von-mises stress consideration

when we analyse a beam using simple beam theory,we got B.M.,SHEAR. from which we calculate bending stress and shear stress. how to calculate von-mises stress from these values which is to be considered as 61(sigma-1) & 62 & 63. or the von misses theory is only for solid plate cant be use to predict failure behavior of our normal beam. please help me.please suggest some books on it.

Dear Daimi

Getting stresses is complicated because of the angles of pure streses which are difficult to identify. You should use sap2000 etabs or ansys to find the very state. For your interest I suggest you to look up Elasticity of Timoshenko which is a perfect refference in such a subjects.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran