Civil Engineering/Concrete

Question
I am working on a project in which high strength concrete is used for column for a high rise building, but in the bottom column we found that there is powder formation in the the harden concrete.
the surface is fine but if you chip you will find powder and the again the concrete is fine.
What is the cause of this powder formation?
What is the remedy for this case?

Answer
Dear Junaid

I guess it is because of fine aggregates of concrete usually formed in corners and bottom of crowded (reinforcement) members. I guess you use super plastisizer which may cause such a powder formation. I suggest you to have tests on the cement which may cause such a troubles. After all to solve the problem I suggest you remove the problematic parts and repair the location.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi