Civil Engineering/Inclined Concrete Wall Design

How would you design a concrete inclined wall? in ETABS we cannot assign piers to inclined walls..So the other way i think is to use moment contours...but how to design by moment contours?

A wall has 2 out of plane bending moments, 2 out of plane shear components, 1 in plane shear and if i think to solve this in PCA column as a column then how to convert 2 out of plane bending moments and shears into 1 out of plane bending moment of column? Do I have to use Mmax and Mmin in ETABS or just M11 and M22...Please suggest!

Dear Waseem

I suggest you to model the wall in etabs and get the analytical result. Then you should model a simple one story vertical wall with loading resulted from previous section. This way you would use the complete opportunities from etabs.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran