Civil Engineering/Inclined Concrete Wall Design

Question
Hi
How would you design a concrete inclined wall? in ETABS we cannot assign piers to inclined walls..So the other way i think is to use moment contours...but how to design by moment contours?

A wall has 2 out of plane bending moments, 2 out of plane shear components, 1 in plane shear and moment...so if i think to solve this in PCA column as a column then how to convert 2 out of plane bending moments and shears into 1 out of plane bending moment of column? Do I have to use Mmax and Mmin in ETABS or just M11 and M22...Please suggest!

Answer
Dear Waseem

I suggest you to model the wall in etabs and get the analytical result. Then you should model a simple one story vertical wall with loading resulted from previous section. This way you would use the complete opportunities from etabs.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi