Civil Engineering/Nonlinear Time History analysis

can you send some material for doing nonlinear time history analysis manually and step by step procedure for NLTH (direct integration method)using SAP2000 or any other software.
Thank you

ANSWER: Dear Masihuddin

It is actually impossible to do nonlinear time history manually. You can follow the sap2000 instruction. Anyway please make me clear what is your very needing or question to let me help you.

QUESTION: I want to compare various methods of Non linear static analysis (Push Over Analysis)i.e conventional POA,Modal POA, N2-method, Energy based POA etc with Non linear Dynamic analysis i.e Non linear time history analysis.
When iam following the steps given in SAP2000 manuals and examples, its not only taking time but also not completing the analysis. May be iam making some mistake some where. There fore, i want to check my procedure also and want to learn how the software is doing the NLTH analysis. If atleast i can do it for SDOF and compare with SAP2000 results, then I will be satisfied
Thanking you

Dear Siddiqui

You cant compare static and dynamic analysis Easily. Static analysis is related to extreme values of dynamic analysis. But after all for your very help I propose you to look for teta- wilson, beta-newmark and generally implicit and explicit methods of integration. You can take a look at Internet for this purpose.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran