Civil Engineering/Periods in etabs

Question
QUESTION: From your answer to one f the query post, you ave mentioned that periods of between 4-5s is ok. Anything more tha 5 will have to look deeper. How about a value less than 4, say 2-3s?

ANSWER: Dear SN

Please give me details of the question and my response. Give me more detail from your own problem please.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: I was looking for an answer to intepret the result of my etabs  model. The output of the period in mode 1 and 2 is around 2.8s and 2.2s and mode 3 is 1.8s. My question is is this model stiff enough? I understand that period is inverse of frequency. If that is the case, the frequency will be very very low (the comfortable frequency I am looking for us 5hz and more).

Answer
Dear SN

To interpret the period or rigidity of the structure you have 2 ways : 1- control the first and second ( X and Y ) mode period with tips given by seismic codes.

2- control the lateral sway and drift of the each story under lateral loading using the provisions of your local code.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi