Civil Engineering/Ramp structural design

Question
Ramp coverage
Ramp coverage  
QUESTION: Dear sir

can you help me with the steps in designing a reinforced concrete ramp, especially obtaining the thickness of the ramp, generally the design procedure. i want to design ramp covering the area shown on the image.
thanks a lot

ANSWER: Dear Manka

No real difference exists between a ramp and a horizontal slab. The difference is in details. Please tell me what is your very problem.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: thanks a lot sir but my problem is i thought we are designing like a stair and so obtain the loads as in stair format but then the thickness was so big then i had to research on the method another thing is the load distribution to the beams

so does it mean i can design that slab as a normal two way spanning slab?and i can obtain the thickness as a normal two way slab?

thanks

stair case
stair case  
ANSWER: Dear Manka

It is likely that you are confused about the effective length of the slab. Not an axis to axis length will be the spanning length that you should consider. The stair system of your case is a complicated system of one way slab. Please take a look at the pic i sent you.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: thanks a lot sir but i have not understood what you mean?as well as the picture is that what im suppose to consider as the effective length of my ramp?

Answer
Dear Manka

I meant although the stair slab looks to be a one way slab spanning from axis to axis and then needing great thickness, it is a compound one way slab which has intermediate supports in the side of stations. This decreases the thickness of the slab. each station plays the rule of an intermediate support. I showed the fact in the picture.

Regards

BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi