Civil Engineering/RCC Column Design

Question
Sir,
While designing column we have to read the values of ρg = percentage of steel for Kn and Rn values from
the column interaction diagrams is there any approximate values to find the value of percentage of steel when of Kn and Rn values are known for different values f'c.
thankyou in advance

Answer
Dear Mohammad

I think for an approximate sizing you need to remove moments and replace it with an equivalent axial load. This type of approximation may be useful for estimation purposes and not as tip to find an accurate solution without effort. I have an idea. You can trace a line between ( max Pn, no moment) and ( no axial load, maximum moment) in a Cartesian system. This line is the magical line which will help you to have an approximate solution.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi