Civil Engineering/sap

Hello Sir,
I want to ask that how can we analyse cold formed sections using sap.. let's say that I want to analyse purlin of some particular dimensions(cold formed steel). Can I apply loading on it and get moments at particular points by just defining the material? please guide me.. And Also can I get a spread sheet of purlin analysis?

Dear Nouman

For analysis of cold form members you don't need to do any particular job because analysis of homogenous materials is not governed by material properties.

I don't have access to such a spread sheet but it is very easy and can be done by yourself.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran