Civil Engineering/sunroof for a salon

Good morning, I'm not sure if you are the correct person to ask, but i have a vision for a hair salon and not sure if it will be possible as it currently does not exist.

I would like to have a hair/beauty salon with a sunroof as well as put mirrors (full floor to ceiling on all walls to reflect the light).  However, I am curious about how will this affect the indoor temperature and whether or not it will be possible in Toronto Canada as we have pretty crazy hot (45 celcius in summer) and crazy cold (-20 celcius) winter weather sometimes with heavy snow and ice.

Any advice if you are not correct person to ask, could you please point in the right direction?  Thank you.

Dear Tania

For the cold time, it is ok to have a solar radiation for support of your heating system. But for hot time you will need to use diffraction system to remove the infra red component from the solar radiation. A simple system consists of a multi layer glass system.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran