Civil Engineering/Cube test

While taking cube we are put it in to water for 7 day & 28 days, but we will not put whole the structure in water for same period.
the why we put the cube in water?

Dear Shyam Gore

The actual reliability of structures is calculated regarding the correlation between ideal testing conditions and the actual ones. For a good reference of the state of the materials, standards define a standard situation in which all the samples in all over the world must be meet. The actual situation is tuned via various factors.

please don't hesitate to contact me further in the case of any doubt you would have.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran