Civil Engineering/Cube test

Question
While taking cube we are put it in to water for 7 day & 28 days, but we will not put whole the structure in water for same period.
the why we put the cube in water?

Answer
Dear Shyam Gore

The actual reliability of structures is calculated regarding the correlation between ideal testing conditions and the actual ones. For a good reference of the state of the materials, standards define a standard situation in which all the samples in all over the world must be meet. The actual situation is tuned via various factors.

please don't hesitate to contact me further in the case of any doubt you would have.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi