Civil Engineering/Error in RSA

Question
Spec X & Y = 0
Spec X & Y = 0  
Dear Mr. Khan,

I am having a problem in the seismic analysis of a tower I am modelling on ETABS. Actually I want to do a dynamic analysis of the building so I am using the Response Spectrum Analysis. However the summary results show that the analysis was not done correctly. In fact the earthquake forces of the dynamic analysis shown in the attached picture as "SPECX" and "SPECY" are equal to 0. I guess the modes are not being taken into consideration although I am making sure the number of modes I am setting is big enough to reach 90% of the total mass.

Thank you for your time,
Farid

Answer
Hi Farid,

It is difficult to say why you have this problem. Check these

1. Have you defined the EQX and EQY parameters and done the static EQ analysis first?
2. have you defined the mass source?
3. have you defined the RSA functions and the RSA load cases?

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan