Civil Engineering/Shear Reinforcement in ETABS

Engr. Sarmiento wrote at 2015-03-17 08:11:52
here's another explanation, the 0.02 that your getting is a ratio some what, that ratio is Av/S, which is Av= area of shear, S=spacing. so Av/S=.02 and if your working in lb-in units in ETABS that would equate to .02in^2/in so to get the spacing you need in inches is for example using #3 bar, [(2*0.11in^2)/.02]=11in. hope that help. as long as you remember that its a ratio of Av/S=Shear Reinforcing  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran