Civil Engineering/Raft

Dear Sir,
While modelling a multistory building in ETABS for support shud i just show a fixed support for column and or should i also put a thick plate representing raft. Please advise on thiss.

I also wanted to know for irregular arrangemtnt of columns how do we design the raft. I am confused because there is lift shaft in between and columns are in diff positions.

I would also appreciate if u could help me out with manual design of shear wall,

Dear Hussein

You don't need to model details of the support like base plate and so on. You will just define the degree of the support being fixed.

You must define dummy columns ( column direction) to model any confusing arrangement.

How you would like me to help you in the matter of shear wall? any question or what ?

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran