Civil Engineering/raft footing

Question
Dear Sir,
Good Day!
I have a B+G+1 Villa to design.My basement height is 3.35 m and my water table is below 4.0m .Is any problem in designing isolated footing for the internal columns and the peripheral concrete walls in strip footing..should I go for raft slab or combination of raft slab , pad and strip.? becouse there is vehicle parking area ,childrens play area ,pump ,store area and villa area/ Thanks so much ....

Answer
Hi Ravi,

Well, water tables can rise up rapidy during rain storms, so if you are not concerend about the occasional flooding then go ahead. Otherwise I would recommend a raft slab, with tanking all the way around the basement walls to 150mm above GFL.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan