Civil Engineering/slab

Question
what is the maximum allowable thickness of a rcc slab for a multi-storeyed building? which code of practice(including clause no.) can be followed for the thickness?

Answer
Dear Sanzib

No explicit  limit for maximum thickness exist, unless the need for ductility requirements force you to tune the slab thickness not to be stronger than the columns. The reinforcement of slab should be in consideration in this detailing process.

Regards
BEH

Dear Sanzib

There is no limit for the thickness of the slab unless your casual design situation dictates you to limit. The loadings and their physical nature (dynamic or static)and also the span length  may govern you to  very large thickenesses.  please let me know your opinion.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi