Civil Engineering/OVER STRESS#2

QUESTION: sir what methods i will do to minimized error in my etabs models. say over stress #2 which is reinforcing required exceeds maximum allowed? thanks

ANSWER: Dear Seco

I cant get your question clearly. What accuracy are you looking for? In Analysis or Design field?

QUESTION: sorry sir. this design is for 4 storey structure. im using etabs program and after I run the analysis the program says OS#2 (red) on my beams. what causes that make my beams like this? what will I do correct this problem?  some would tell me i have to increase my beams section is there any other option than this?

Dear Seco

For an over stress of no more than 1.05 it is not critical to size the members stronger. But for more serious situation you are obligated to size up the members. I suggest you to recheck the loadings and their combination too.

Please feel free to ask me further if you need.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran