Civil Engineering/OVER STRESS#2

Question
QUESTION: sir what methods i will do to minimized error in my etabs models. say over stress #2 which is reinforcing required exceeds maximum allowed? thanks

ANSWER: Dear Seco

I cant get your question clearly. What accuracy are you looking for? In Analysis or Design field?

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: sorry sir. this design is for 4 storey structure. im using etabs program and after I run the analysis the program says OS#2 (red) on my beams. what causes that make my beams like this? what will I do correct this problem?  some would tell me i have to increase my beams section is there any other option than this?

Answer
Dear Seco

For an over stress of no more than 1.05 it is not critical to size the members stronger. But for more serious situation you are obligated to size up the members. I suggest you to recheck the loadings and their combination too.

Please feel free to ask me further if you need.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi