Civil Engineering/Compact and Non compact sections

Question
I want to ask that what are the limiting values that governs the sections as compact section and non compact section? What are limiting values bf/tf and h/tw  for non compact sections? Thanx,

Answer
Dear nouman

b/t and h/tw are very different according to the section you are using. The order of b/t is around 10 and h/tw around 100 for compact section , say I section.

for non compact sections these values increases by 50% for b/t and by 30% for h/tw.

But after all you shall consult your local standard and code of practice for real works.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi