Civil Engineering/pile foundation

Question
Dear Sir

I am talking about intermediate rise buildings (say less than 15 storys)
when we model the structure as columns fixed we can find axial load , Mx ,My , Mz at the end of the column.

then there is pile cap, capping beam , and pile.
can you simply explain how above axial loads and moments transfer to the each element and their propotion for the purpose of design them

Answer
Dear Priyantha

Each element carry the load according to the loading trajectory. The capping beam is usually a deep shear beam which has to be designed according to deep beam theory. Caps are compression members with loading calculated as total loading divided by number of piles.

I suggest you to cosider the piling structure as an independent structure and have an analysis of forces and stiffness like other structures. You will get the idea in this way.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi