Civil Engineering/push over

salam sir
sir my question is that when we have to analyze structure for push-over analysis?
ii) in etabs what is difference b/w non iterative mass based and iterative load combination based
iii) what scale factors we have to put for dead and live defined loads in etabs push-over parametre

Dear Zain

i) Push over is a static non linear method to find weakness and actual behavior of the structure in ultimate state of loading. It is recommended to follow this method for seismic rehabilitation of structures but it is applicable to more sophisticated assessment of structural behavior.

ii) take a look at these links:

iii) Push over is to assess the actual behavior of the structures under ultimate loading state, then you need to apply the actual loading combination used for design purpose. for example you can use 1.4 DL + 1.7 LL for RC structures or LL+DL for steel structures designed using allowable stress method.

Please let me know about any question you would have.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran