Civil Engineering/sap to autocad

QUESTION: firstly thanks for you have done so question is when i am using sap it is difficult(boring ) to draw grid.In sap there is option import from autocad as dxf file but i do not know how to use it.give some link that contain tutorial for my question.sorry for my english.thanks

ANSWER: Dear Teme

Grids in Sap are not real objects. They are dummy object inside Sap and cant' be imported through PDF or DWG files. You can just import your structural model without grid. Sap will make a default grid which has to be modified by yourself.

QUESTION: i want is Import from autocad to sap as dxf but i do not how to do it.give me tutorial(link) on this. Thanks

Dear Teme

You should draw the structure in the cad medium in a specific layer for each feature of the structure. For example lines must be drawn inside a layer named " frame" , shell inside "shell" layer.
The you would save the file as dxf format. I suggest you to save in oldest version of cad. You now have a DXF file which has to be imported inside sap medium using the import icon in file menu. The sap will show you a table in which you must specify the layer location of each element of the structure.

Take a look at the following link.

Please feel free to ask me if any doubt persists.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran