Civil Engineering/Accelerograms

Question
dear Mr esmailzadeh.
thanks a lot for guidance.
in the accelerograms which of peer site is a angle for example 0 or 90 . that you in the past mail says these angles is two orthogonal components of earthquake and measured relative to a reference direction.
my question is : what is this reference direction?
is this angles between fault and accelerograph?
regards
behzad.

Answer
Dear Behzad

the orientation of the accelerometer or so called the reference direction is not a very meaningful parameter because you know that the earthquake in a region may be from several known and unknown sources and faults. Then the reference orientation is not very calculated and selective and you may to consider it as a random parameter.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi