Civil Engineering/Balcony

Question
Hi Sir;
We want to build the second story in a house based on the plans of the first one and we want to add a (1.5)m overhang slab (Balcony) which wasn't existed in the original plans so I would be thankful If you can list the considerations that should be taken into account IN GENERAL AND REGARDING:
(1).the anchor length (should the slab supported along 2/3L if it's planned to extend 1/3L)
(2).Do I have to include all the spans -from which the slab extended- in my model to get the Reinforcement?

Thanks and Regards.

Answer
Dear Firas

1- The anchorage length is a parameter depending on bar size. You can use 40 to 50 times the diameters of bars as the anchorage length. For example if you have 20 mm bars then you should use at least 80 cm of anchorage.

2- No need to include all slabs in model but all slabs in direct vicinity of the slab to be designed shall be modelled.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi