Civil Engineering/Career Gap of 5 years

Question
q1. i have completed my B.Sc civil engg 5 years ago but due to some personal problems i have not come into field yet . now i have cleared my problems and finding for job i want to ask that does the gap of 5 years will effect my job or can i easily find a job? plz do tell

Answer
Hi Asif,

This depends on whether you kept in touch with your technical field during the 5 years, but in any case most employers will treat you as a "fresh graduate" with no experience, so you will have to start at the bottom of the ladder.

I suggest you brush up your knowledge of civil engineering before you apply for a job, and I would recommend you start with a site job first rather than in  a design office.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan