Civil Engineering/orthogonal earth. effect?

Question
dear Mr. esmailzadeh
thank you for past guidance
in the all seismic cods,there is this remark:if members was intersection of two seismic lateral system . these members should designed for 100 percent of the forces for on direction plus 30 percent of the forces for perpendicular direction.
so my question : the columns of concrete frame is include this remark?if yes,why?
thanks a lot
regards
behzad

Answer
Dear Behzad

Unfortunately I couldn't reply to your e-mail due to Internet and e-mail restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The 100-30-30 is not a ductility oriented regulation but a loading pattern related concept modelling approximately the effect of seismic loading occurring in the worst possible direction. In fact all columns which are members of 2 orthogonal systems will be affected by this pattern of loading.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi