Civil Engineering/planted rc column

sir hello again. hope you are always ok and im very thankful that i have a friend like you that i can lean on when it comes to structural designing.
sir pls. help me about planted column? is this planted in the slab? i always used planted but i set to it i  plant it to the beam/ hidden beam. say in hordy slab 275mm. my planted column 20x20cm is on my annex floor supporting the roof of annex.

Dear seco

You may use flat slab. The part (band) of the slab between 2 columns plays the role of the needed beam between columns. Although an analysis using ACI equivalent method or using software sophisticated modelling is inevitable.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran