Civil Engineering/scale of acc.?

Question
dear Mr. Esmailzadeh . thank you for past guidance
I sent my questions for you by email.
if my structure zone is very seismic risk (A=0.35) and i doing scale the accelerograms , is i allowed which have in scaled accelerograms , any Acceleration more than of 0.35?
regards
behzad.

Answer
Dear Behzad

Sorry , I had problem with sending e-mail. I think it was because of the elections. Anyway congratulation for the result of the elections.  According to usual methods you must scale the accelerograms so the their peak doesn't exceed the design PGA ( 0.35 g). I prefer to scale 3 or 7 sets of accelerogram so that the average of their response spectrum exceed the design spectrum, in a range of 0.2T to 1.5 T. In such a way you could have peak ground acceleration much greater than 0.35 g.

I will try to send you a  response in Farsi , in your e-mail.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi