Civil Engineering/toal mass

Question
QUESTION: Dear sir,
I used ETABS vs9.5 and created a model than I look at the building output at group and group mass and weight with kip- Ft and the problem are that the result of total mass x is too small to accept.When I compare the result with my friend whose model is smaller than me the result is a great different. My result is almost ten time smaller than her though we use the same applying load. I apply the load according to UBC 97 on deck sheet of 6 in thick.I want to request u to give me some suggestion that will highlight the error I have made.

ANSWER: Dear Seng

I guess it is because the weight of the structural members you have defined to be added on dead load. Please check it and let me know.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Dear sir,
I checked all dead load and reanalysis but nothing special then i saved this file as another once this time it show the possible result. It is really strange.How do u think about that?

Answer
Dear seng

Please send me your file in 9.7.2 version and lower, along with the exact problem you have with. You can send me the file of your friend as well.

Regards
BEH

my emails:    babak.e.hakimi@gmail.com
         babak_hakimi@yahoo.com

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi