Civil Engineering/Types of bricks

Which of the following is the best type of bricks for construction ?

1) Concrete block bricks

2) Burnt bricks

suggest any other type of Bricks.

Dear Suraj

There is no strict decision about the quality of brick. Usage of bricks depends on your work. There are 4 main parameters for the bricks to be suitable:

1- weight
2- strength
3- degree of heat isolation
4- price

Your choice may differ in different situations. Suppose a burnt brick factory exists near your project. Then you may decide to use it because of the low price of shipping.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran