Civil Engineering/warning message in etabs

Question
hi sir,thank u for your time. i want to ask what the warning message “lost 8.4 digits of accuracy” mean? and how can i correct the error

Answer
Dear Ruth

This warning is for the cases you would have  local unstability in your structure. You may need to look for joints with unsufficient stiffness in some directions. Suppose you have 2 beams interconnected with hinge. Usually Etabs or sap restrain the missing stiffness to resolve the local stability problems. But it is recommended not to rely on software and to remove all sources of local unstability.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi