Civil Engineering/warning message in etabs

hi sir,thank u for your time. i want to ask what the warning message “lost 8.4 digits of accuracy” mean? and how can i correct the error

Dear Ruth

This warning is for the cases you would have  local unstability in your structure. You may need to look for joints with unsufficient stiffness in some directions. Suppose you have 2 beams interconnected with hinge. Usually Etabs or sap restrain the missing stiffness to resolve the local stability problems. But it is recommended not to rely on software and to remove all sources of local unstability.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran