Civil Engineering/Final Year M.tech Project

Question
Sir I'm a final year M.tech (structural engineering) Student. Can you please suggest me project title based on Dynamic response of structure. I'm interested in structural dynamics, please suggest me what is best to do in present demand and knowledge based.

I'm confused with taking up project on FEM & structural dynamics or both together. what shall I do????

Sir is earthquake and dynamics projects are one and same?

Answer
Dear Rahel

I suggest you to consider the following subject:

" How to increase the vibrational damping of the structure using architectural components"

I think that the infilled walls and their materials can play an important role to increase the vibrational damping of the structures. For example I can imagine that a tar base mortar instead of cement based mortar can impart more damping into the structure which in turn can have serious effect on controlling the seismic behavior of the structure.

Dynamic is general and can cover wind engineering, vibrational analysis of bridges under traffic effect and also earthquake engineering.

I suggest you to follow both finite element analysis and earthquake engineering because finite element is a tool to resolve problems in structural and earthquake engineering.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi