Civil Engineering/Growing field

Hi I'm trying to figure out what I want to major in and Civil Engineering is one of them. Do you consider Civil Engineering to be a growing job field? What do you consider as your favorite part of being a Civil Engineering?

Dear Jordan

For sure Civil engineering has a lot to do in developing countries because their infrastructure has not yet been completed. In industrial countries this is not the case. I think that the important factor is the population of civil engineers compared to actual requirements. I guess there exists an over population of civil engineers in all around the world. Then it is very critical for an engineer to be enthusiastic and well developed to be successful in his work.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran