Civil Engineering/center of mass

Question
you said ethaps is good software for center of mass.one building mass included beams, column, slab,wall,stair ,ramp.if i model all of this on my ethaps,it analyse center of mass.my difficulty is how to model stair thread and riser or is there a possibility to include the weight of thread and riser?i hope its clear.

Answer
Hi Teme,

ETABS assumes ramp mass distributed to upper and lower levels, so if you model the thickness of the ramp to be average equivalent thickness of the riser+tread+waist, that should be fine. Alternatively you can model without ramp and just apply the loading at each level landing.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan