Civil Engineering/error in raft.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
 I am working in a Eight storey hospital building with two basement. During the construction of raft, the extra bottom bars at the column point in one grid in the  raft beam were forgotten. What should i do know?

ANSWER: Dear Niranjan

Please write me the amount of reinforcement which has been forgotten and the total reinforcement needed there. Please sketch a drawing to show me more if you can.

Regards
BEH

section
section  

plan
plan  
QUESTION: please check out the attachment
The extra bottom bar shown in section was forgotten.

Answer
Dear Niranjan

If you mean by raft a raft foundation then you can add an extra section to the beam to increase the height of the actual beam so that the extra height compensate the lack of reinforcement. You will need to make a good connection between the added section to the old one. Is it ok for you?

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi