Civil Engineering/Example- Etabs modeling

Question
Could you pls guide in steps how to model a rotary machine load on rcc structure in Etabs.  thanks

Answer
Dear Mushtaq

You cant model a rotary machine in Etabs but you can extract maximum static and dynamic  loadings of a machine and apply them in your etabs model. For getting idea about this you should consult handbooks of machine foundation. Rotary machines usually impose the foundation a  lateral loading due to random mass eccentricity in its rotary parts and each machine has its own characteristics which has to be studied through their catalogue and also handbooks of machinery.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi