Civil Engineering/Example- Etabs modeling

Could you pls guide in steps how to model a rotary machine load on rcc structure in Etabs.  thanks

Dear Mushtaq

You cant model a rotary machine in Etabs but you can extract maximum static and dynamic  loadings of a machine and apply them in your etabs model. For getting idea about this you should consult handbooks of machine foundation. Rotary machines usually impose the foundation a  lateral loading due to random mass eccentricity in its rotary parts and each machine has its own characteristics which has to be studied through their catalogue and also handbooks of machinery.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran