Civil Engineering/load distribution

Question
Assuming that the slab is designed and reinforced as 2-way spanning, you will have a trapezoidal shape of loading on the longer beams and triangular loading on the shorter span- just draw lines at 45 degrees on plan from each corner and where they meet this is the triangular loading on the shorter spans.

what if there is a concentrated load?

Answer
Dear Roy

It depends on the location of the concentrated load. You should trace the plastic lines connection the load to each corner and calculate the potential energy and working energy. If not you should use the calculations graphs which can be found on the Internet. Din ( Germany ) code of practice is rich concerning this matter.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi