Civil Engineering/Mosque design

Question
Dear Sir,
Good Day:)
I have an irregular shape mosque(with mezzanine front side) to design.
Dubai Municipality Engineer advised me to take gamma factor for concrete as 2.8 in the Etabs model becouse of the seismic consideration.My doubt is Is it really required ?and Is it need to consider the mass source DL- 1.0 and LL-0.25 in the design?
Thanks & Regards,

Answer
Hi Ravi,

If by gamma you mean the partial factor of safety for concrete as a material, then that should be 1.5 if you are using BS8110. And mass source should be 1.0 self + 1.0 Sdead + 1.0 Mechanical (tanks, etc) + 0.25 LL (the later could be 0.5LL if it is car parking or other storage areas).

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan