Civil Engineering/PileCaps

I there. I am working in a Chinese construction company, and I am a not very experiment for the work they gave me.
Anyway, I have to allow concrete casting for a pile caps around 3 meters high. So, we are going to do it in 2times (1.5meters each time, in order to control temperature). I am just guessing how can i check if shear force (expected by designer) is not going to suffer any variation! Is this method going to influence pile cap capacity?

thanks in advance. best regards

Dear Cesar

You have to calculate the shear produced by the loadings in the interface of the old and new concrete. May be you will need to provide dowels to bear the shear. If you neglect the shear in interface the cap capacity will reduce.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran