Civil Engineering/PileCaps

Question
I there. I am working in a Chinese construction company, and I am a not very experiment for the work they gave me.
Anyway, I have to allow concrete casting for a pile caps around 3 meters high. So, we are going to do it in 2times (1.5meters each time, in order to control temperature). I am just guessing how can i check if shear force (expected by designer) is not going to suffer any variation! Is this method going to influence pile cap capacity?

thanks in advance. best regards

Answer
Dear Cesar

You have to calculate the shear produced by the loadings in the interface of the old and new concrete. May be you will need to provide dowels to bear the shear. If you neglect the shear in interface the cap capacity will reduce.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi