Civil Engineering/diffrent between spectrums?

Question
dear mr esmailzadeh
thanks for past guidance.
in the iranian seismic code(2800)there is two type spectrums for the 4type soils.why does the "B" parameter for soil type 4 in the low risk seismic zone is more than the high and very high risk seismic zone?
regards
behzad

Answer
Dear Behzad

It is because in the case of high intensity ( higher PGA) it is likely that the soil goes into plastic deformation , then the Site response spectrum may be limited to the soil strength. But in the case of lower PGA s the soil can amplify the earthquake effects more intensely. Then Normalized Spectrum for low PGA s is greater than the Spectrum for higher PGAs.

REgards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi