Civil Engineering/drift consideration in etabs

Dear Sir,
good Day :)
How drift can calculate in multistorey/tower and how I can include this in my etabs model.Response spectrum analysis or Time history analysis which one is better in realistic vlaues?
Thanks so much for your advice.Regards

Dear Raviarjun

It is not possible to derive differnetial drift directly , but you would extract the result in spreadsheet and do the calculation by yourself.

You dont need most realistic values. You need the most reliable values . In this point of view I prefer the equivalent static method, then Modal Spectrum method and then time history analysis. Time history analysis is to refine and study some points in the structure and it must be supported by both equivalent static and modal ( spectrum ) method. This is because the design spectrum which is basis of static method is an average of several time history characteristics and then may give you a high confidence . Equivalent satic method is like spectrum method . The difference is that in equivalent static you assume the first vibrational mode being predominate.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran