Civil Engineering/Canopy design

Dear Sir,

I am designing a canopy at the entrance of a building. The span of the canopy is 4.1m and the width is 6.5m. At the two edges of the canopy, there are beams which has a span of 4.1m, it means that the canopy has beams at its edge. So the canopy has a support from a beam(6.5m)that is cantilevering it and the two edge beams. Could you please give me an idea how i can design the edge beams, canopy slab and the beam(6.5m)that is cantilevering the canopy? how will be the load distribution ? any link or document i can refer to ?

Dear Solo

Please send a sketch of the problem and also give me an idea of wind loading along with eventual sand loading and what ever could be essential for the design of the canopy according to your local codes of practice. Without additional information I could help you just in general matters.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran