Civil Engineering/building condition

Question
Hello Sir,

I am planning to buy a an apartment which is in the second floor. Building is about 2 years old and has totally four floors. Before buying I would like to know what are some of the visual inspection that I can do to ensure building is structurally in good condition. Need your advice

thank you in advance,
Mamatha

Answer
Dear Mamatha

There is no real way to inspect visually a hidden structure. But you can trying to check wether the roof is vibrating under actual live load . You can check it by walking or even running on the roof. You can check wether the masonry walls have cracks ( diagonally or other types) to see if there is a good foundation under the building. But all these are subjects to negotiate not to reject because they are not accurate way to test the building . All these are better to be performed by an engineer.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi