Civil Engineering/Column Rotate

Question
QUESTION: If I have a rectangular column which I want to rotate after one level then will I design the bottom column for the increased earthquake load (i.e 2.8 * EQuake). What effects should I look for and If I am modeling this in ETABS then what things I should be aware of?

ANSWER: Dear Mustafa

Please provide me with a sketch and more explanation about your problem.

Regards
Beh

column rotate
column rotate  
QUESTION: I have attached a sketch for my problem

Answer
Dear Mustafa

The most important  must do is to calculate the additional moment due to eccentricity of columns which can not be calculated be etabs or so.  I suggest you to  check the lower column for R times the earthquake effect from the top but in ultimate strength .

REgards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi