Civil Engineering/Orthogonal effect

Question
I have a building in which all columns are either in the x-direction or the y-direction i.e no column is inclined in plan. So in this case do I have to consider the orthogonal effect or not? If yes then how to consider it?

Answer
Dear Mustafa

What orthogonality? For seismic effect? In Dubai you don't need to do so. But  if you mean to consider moments in 2 directions the you need to analyze the structure in both direction according to load distribution of slabs and then you will have columns with axial force + Mx + My  which is automatically designed by Etabs.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi